Code of Conduct
Last updated: January 26, 2020
All participants of Weird Knight are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct, both online and during in-person events that are hosted and/or associated with Weird Knight.
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we pledge to make participation in our project and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Referring to people by their preferred pronouns and using gender-neutral pronouns when uncertain
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Not being respectful to reasonable communication boundaries, such as ‘leave me alone,’ ‘go away,’ or ‘I’m not discussing this with you.’
- The usage of excessively vulgar language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Demonstrating graphically or through other media content that may be considered offensive
- Starting and/or participating in arguments related to politics or religion
- Assuming or promoting any kind of inequality including but not limited to: age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, nationality and race, personal appearance, religion, or sexual identity and orientation
- Illegal drug use, selling of drugs or drug promotion of any kind
- Other conduct which you know could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Violations of the Code of Conduct may be reported by sending a private message to an Admin, Moderator or by leaving a post on the forum and marking it as private. All reports will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances.
We hold the right and responsibility to remove comments or other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any members for other behaviors that we deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Further details of specific enforcement policies may be as found in the Terms and Conditions